SHOPPING FOR THE RIGHT FOUNDATION

 Choosing the right foundation can be tricky and if you're a perfectionist like me it can be a tad confusing, but the moment you discover the tips on getting the perfect shade right, foundation shopping becomes a thing of leisure. Find out how to find a perfect foundation from my little tips that I have to share. I have to state that I am no beauty guru, I just happen to do my fair share of research on makeup and what works best for me, so I'll be sharing a few tips on how I effectively choose the right foundation.
image sourced from google

SWATCH CORRECTLY; When purchasing a new foundation, avoid 'testing' it on the back of your palm because the skin on that area most times could be lighter or darker than the skin on your face and neck. The effective place to apply foundation is on the jawline(the area below your cheekbones), it proffers a right shade between the forehead, the neck, and decolletage. 

GO BARE-FACED; its best to go bare-faced to the makeup store, but just in case you have makeup on, its advised to wipe off the makeup with a face wipe around the jawline and apply a moisturizer because the wipe would strip your skin of moisture and that would affect how the foundation appears on the skin.


image sourced  from google

USE THE RIGHT TOOL; when applying foundation, use a brush or a beauty blender, using the right tool when applying foundation is the next best decision as opposed to using your fingers to just dab on it. using a  foundation brush or beauty blender gives the right coverage, while your fingers give a sheer coverage.
image sourced from google

GIVE IT TIME; after applying foundation, you give it a good 5 to 10 minutes to dry up and then use natural daylight to check the true colour of the foundation. why this tip is necessary is because, foundations differ. some foundations act differently when exposed to oxygen. for instance some foundations tend to get darker when introduced to oxygen, (oxidization). to truly know the right shade for you, I advise you use daylight, not the lighting in the store. 
Related image
image sourced from google


CHOOSE THE RIGHT FORMULA ; skin types are the major determinants on the type of foundations we ought to use, I have an oily skin so I always gravitate toward liquid foundations that are mattifying, a typical dry skin girl ought to choose a foundation that balances off that patchy look, and make the skin look hydrated. cream foundations work bests for dry skin. 

So it's important to always test each foundation before purchase, you don't want to spend good money on a foundation that doesn't serve you.


               Love and Love,

                    cynthia.




I hope with these tips, you become a better foundation shopper. see you in my next post


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE 5 | DIYS FOR ACNE THAT WORK .

BASIC SKINCARE ROUTINE FOR BEGINNERS

GET TO KNOW ME | 20 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME