PRODUCT REVIEW |MAYBELLINE FIT ME,MATTE+PORELESS FOUNDATION.




For a number of reasons, I decided to change up my makeup routine, and that included the need to  change and be on the lookout for new foundations that would work for my oily skin. I am someone that likes to stick to what works. I  also wouldn't normally buy stuff without getting a review about it, which is what I did for MAYBELLINE FIT ME, MATTE + PORELESS FOUNDATION.
I finally tried this foundation and here's what I observed.

CONSISTENCY
It has a runny/watery texture,  I had to pour a little carefully on the back of my Palm, to avoid excess spillage.
 When I applied to skin, I found out it was lightweight, it didn't feel like I had foundation on. This was very impressive as not a lot of drugstore foundation offers that lightweight feature.

COVERAGE 
It has a medium coverage, which can be built to a full coverage, it's best to use a concealer with it if you need an extra coverage for spots. I used a pump for all over my face and didn't use a concealer as I wanted to truly find out how well it could cover my scars.

FRAGRANCE 
 It has a scent, it is not overpowering just a mild smell that goes away after application.

PACKAGING
It wasn't packaged in a box, it was sold off the shelf to me in a 30ml bottle. Which left me wondering if that's how they are being imported .

DID IT JUSTIFY IT'S CLAIMS ?
Upon application, it mattified/dried  instantly, giving me a natural finish as it claimed. I moisturized only, and then did the powder before foundation technique, after which I applied the foundation and finished it off with the ZARON FACE PALLETE MATTIFYING POWDER.
 It stayed on my skin for over 8 hours and I only blotted my face with a tissue as I was on the move. I also used my powder brush without applying powder, to brush off any seeping oil on my face. 
Exactly 9hrs after blotting
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE 
  • It  oxidizes, it appears darker after it has set on the skin.
  • It doesn't have a pump/applicator. Considering its texture, I hoped for a better applicator to help guage the amount of product to use.

It caters for normal to oily skin and I would recommend this Foundation paired with a primer for my fellow greasy dolls. If you have dry skin, this may not be the best foundation as it mattifies, you may look patchy only if you pair with a hydrating primer and powder. This foundation is a good one for its price. It retails for 4500 Naira(depends on the store,prices may differ).


Till my next read !
Cynthia .







What are your thoughts,have you tried this foundation ? What other foundations can you recommend ?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE 5 | DIYS FOR ACNE THAT WORK .

BASIC SKINCARE ROUTINE FOR BEGINNERS

GET TO KNOW ME | 20 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME